Welcome to Creative Abundance

Thank you for joining me here. This blog is a story of transformation. There are many things that I would like to share, some may even resonate. Please do not hesitate to share here as well.
Enjoy your visit.
Wishing you peace, love & lots of joy...
Lisa

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mandala Mayhem

Today was busy, filled with mandalas and computers. My awesome friend and partner in our soon to be website and creative venture Cheryl and I were busy trying to do all things related to getting us up and going.
Now, a bit about Cheryl, she is a computer whiz. I am basically computer illiterate. I can copy, paste, email and maybe one or two other things but that's just about it. Ever since I started this blog I have been trying to get it to resemble some of the other blogs in their beauty and wealth of information and links. No can do. I have a couple of friends (thank you Kelli & Kim!) who talked me through the basics but that's as far as I've gotten. Anyway, sorry to have wandered but Cheryl is great. She has scanned all of our work and will have it up on the site most likely over the weekend. I, on the other hand, have spent endless hours at Office Depot and now have customers asking me for help at the copy center. I will let you all know when the site is up. I might even be able to be talked through adding a link to it here. Ok, no laughing...
Cheryl and I met quite by accident. I went into Starbucks for a coffee and as I walked through the store I saw this woman drawing mandalas at a table. I pretty much had to pick my jaw up off the floor and get my bearings before I walked into the person in front of me. I had been drawing mandalas for months and actually had my portfolio with me planning to do some "arting" myself. Ok, so now I'm wondering as I'm still trying to adjust my jaw, should I approach her. I figured I would dwell on it while my coffee was being made and of course, there was nobody on line and I had no time to think. I took my hot brew and walked over and introduced myself. I asked her if she minded if I sat and chatted for a bit and it was as if I had met my twin sister from another life. Scary! We had both been creating mandalas as a healing outlet. We were dealing with life altering events and new "journeys" and besides the mandalas, had major things in common (except our computer skills).
We became close friends just about immediately and have "clicked" ever since. I will try to post some of her work here as well but you will be able to see it on our site. Cheryl has two other wonderful websites that I'll link (hopefully) as well. Anyway, the moral of this story is that you are exactly where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there. The Universe makes sure of it. Until next time. Peace, love and lots of joy...

No comments: